Become a Volunteer for our Chapter
Attention IIBA Orange County Chapter Members -
We need your help! Consider volunteering for one of our committees or future Board positions. We can use your talents!
2023 - 2024 Chapter Elections
The IIBA Orange County Chapter is holding an election for Vice President Education, and Secretary for the 2023-2024 term.
Nominees must be chapter members in good standing. Both self-nomination and nominating others are encouraged.
The Vice President Education is responsible for promoting Business Analysis Professionalism through the organization and delivery of educational publications, seminars, and informational updates. For additional details refer to IIBA-OC chapter Bylaws.
The Secretary keeps the records of all business meetings of the Chapter and meetings of the Board. The Secretary is also responsible for all official correspondence with the members and IIBA, except for committee correspondence. For additional details refer to IIBA-OC chapter Bylaws.
The nomination period opens on November 4th and will conclude one week later on November 11. The election will take place electronically beginning on November 14 and concluding on November 21.
Nominations should be sent to Justin Simonds, Nominations Chair at email@example.com.
- President (Averages around 8-10 hours/month)
- Establish agenda and facilitate board meetings
- Arrange for MC for dinner meetings and coordinate contents of business portion of meeting with officers and chairs
- Attend IIBA regional meetings and follow up as necessary
- Deal with member, committee, and board concerns as needed
- Coordinate agenda and preside over Annual General Meeting
- Coordinate and participate in other activities (such as SoTeC, PMI-OC career day) with chairs
- Respond to policy changes and requests from parent organization
- Treasurer ((Averages 3 hours/month + 2 hours/year)
- Keep financial reports on file
- Give regular reports to the Board on the financial state of the organization
- Act as signing officer with the President for checks and other documents
- Receive and bank all monies due to the organization
- Disburse all monies as directed by the Board
- File necessary financial reports, tax reports and audits
- VP Marketing & Communications (Average 6 hours/month)
- Manage social networks (LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Prepare and distribute emails of meetings and events
- Particiapte in monthly board meetings
- Act as point of contact for other professional organizations
- Locate and identify potential sponsors
- Responsible for marketing collateral
- Website Committee:
- Volunteers needed to assist Webmaster in committee page updates, event listing updates, postings in support of our co-marketing partnerships or conferences. You must be a chapter Member to assist with the website.
- Help us stay compliant with IIBA trademark usage and branding. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information on how to help.
- Meeting Committee:
- Volunteers needed to help with meeting registration at each meeting. It's a great way to meet more analysts and grow your network!
- When you register for the meeting, enter in Comments that you'd like to help with Registration. You will need to arrive by 5:15 to set up.
- To find out other ways to help the Meeting Committee, send an email to: email@example.com
- Help with marketing materials prior to events. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to see what events we're preparing for now, and see where you can help.
- Education Committee:
- Assist the Education Chair in various projects including preparation of study group materials, help in setting up study groups
- Consider running for Education Vice President of Education.
- Elections Committee:
- Work with Nominations and Membership Committees to develop the election format. Conduct on-line or at meeting elections
- This position is open Sept - Dec, for the Annual Election, and can be open for special elections.
For more information, contact Nominations Chair, email@example.com