Become a Volunteer for our Chapter
We need your help! Consider volunteering for one of our committees or future Board positions. We can use your talents!
- President (Averages around 8-10 hours/month)
- Establish agenda and facilitate board meetings
- Arrange for MC for dinner meetings and coordinate contents of business portion of meeting with officers and chairs
- Attend IIBA regional meetings and follow up as necessary
- Deal with member, committee, and board concerns as needed
- Coordinate agenda and preside over Annual General Meeting
- Coordinate and participate in other activities (such as SoTeC, PMI-OC career day) with chairs
- Respond to policy changes and requests from parent organization
- Treasurer ((Averages 3 hours/month + 2 hours/year)
- Keep financial reports on file
- Give regular reports to the Board on the financial state of the organization
- Act as signing officer with the President for checks and other documents
- Receive and bank all monies due to the organization
- Disburse all monies as directed by the Board
- File necessary financial reports, tax reports and audits
- VP Marketing & Communications (Average 6 hours/month)
- Manage social networks (LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Prepare and distribute emails of meetings and events
- Particiapte in monthly board meetings
- Act as point of contact for other professional organizations
- Locate and identify potential sponsors
- Responsible for marketing collateral
- Website Committee:
- Volunteers needed to assist Webmaster in committee page updates, event listing updates, postings in support of our co-marketing partnerships or conferences. You must be a chapter Member to assist with the website.
- Help us stay compliant with IIBA trademark usage and branding. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information on how to help.
- Meeting Committee:
- Volunteers needed to help with meeting registration at each meeting. It's a great way to meet more analysts and grow your network!
- When you register for the meeting, enter in Comments that you'd like to help with Registration. You will need to arrive by 5:15 to set up.
- To find out other ways to help the Meeting Committee, send an email to: email@example.com
- Help with marketing materials prior to events. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to see what events we're preparing for now, and see where you can help.
- Education Committee:
- Assist the Education Chair in various projects including preparation of study group materials, help in setting up study groups
- Consider running for Education Vice President of Education.
- Elections Committee:
- Work with Nominations and Membership Committees to develop the election format. Conduct on-line or at meeting elections
- This position is open Sept - Dec, for the Annual Election, and can be open for special elections.
For more information, contact Nominations Chair, email@example.com