Michelle Crudell, "Tips for the new Business Analyst"
In this session, Michelle talks about her journey to becoming a business analyst. She will address key questions all new BA hires are faced with. You will walk away with answers on what can make or break your career.
Here are a few point that will be covered in the session:
- Where to start when joining a new project as a BA.
- Tips on how to excel and advance in your career.
- Transitioning to a BA role from a non-tech background.
- How to gain more technical knowledge.
- What to know when facing stakeholders.
- How to gain industry and domain knowledge.
- What you do not need to know as a BA.
- Key things to avoid doing as a BA.
Key Point: How to transition and excel in your BA career.
Michelle graduated with a degree in Clinic Nutrition and Dietetics. She started her professional career out of college at a medical laboratory starting in Data Entry. She quickly excelled within months to Supervisor of Program Services and shortly after was promoted to Project Manager. On Michelle’s journey in Project Management and Operations she became a leader and a subject matter expert on the business. Michelle has managed teams and departments of up to 40 people at a time in total. Michelle was able to achieve all of this within three years and is now working as a Business Analyst at Egen Solutions.
Michelle aspires to be a fearless leader who supports and encourages others. As a registered Nutritionist Michelle has a love for health, fitness, a deep fascination with science, data, plants, animals, and this planet. She aspires to one day work on a project to help the world become a better place with a global impact through science and technology.